Monday, August 11, 2008

Weird Work Party

Ben's boss had a really great idea for their work party this summer - to have everyone go to the zoo, and then have a picnic. I was excited, because I hadn't been to the zoo this summer yet. This turned out to be the weirdest work party I have ever been to. My mom told me that work parties just are weird - that's the nature of the beast. I thought we'd all go through the zoo together, because there are only... five people who work at Ben's business. So I figured that I could get to know the wives of some of Ben's co-workers and have a lot of fun. Nope. Everyone took off into their own little families as soon as we all got in. Hmmm. The work party got weirder, which I'll tell you about at my next post. So it was just my little family in the zoo, which was fine, I guess.

There's this little play area with cement animals and stuff, so here are some pictures of the kids in that area:

I love this picture:

Me and Micah:


Dylan and Sadie, petting goats:


Ben, petting a donkey (he's brave):


Ben and Sadie, touching a snake (Dylan would go nowhere near it):


Here is a momma duck and her little ducklings. They were soooo cute:

Like I said, I'll finish posting about the work party tomorrow, probably. I'd like to today, but His Royal Highness (a.k.a. Dylan) has informed me that he would like to play games on nickjr.com. And I really should, I don't know, shower, or something. Now that it's 11:15. I rock!!

4 comments:

Nat said...

Yeah, work parties suck. They kind of aren't even worth the free food. Pete had three of them, and the only decent one was the one with his close co-workers at Chilis, and even then it kinda sucked because I was busy dealing with the kids. Oh well.

Lynita said...

Yeah work parties are never what we would think! I didn't go to last years work party, but there were like 300 people there so no big deal. I am glad that at least it was at the zoo and you had fun with your kiddos! My husband work parties are generally worth the food, last year it was at the Tavern on the Green in Central Park. The place is super expensive, like we could never afford to eat there! Ryan said the food was great, but of course more than half the people get smashed. You might think this would bother me, nope, I love watching drunk people make idiots of themselves. I consider it great entertainment! LOL!

Anonymous said...

We went to a huge JD work party. It sucked. This past year we went to only Shawn's tractor group work party and that was fun.

It looks like the kids enjoyed the zoo.

Gifford Family said...

I am sorry your party was such a bummer. I have always found work parties enjoyable. I love the social scene and I love meeting spouses of people I work with or who Dave works with. That is too bad that nobody was willing to hang out as a group. Glad you enjoyed the zoo! I love the zoo! We have only been able to go once this year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...