Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fantasy Football


Okay. So my sister, Brianna, and her husband, Spencer, are really into sports, especially football. And they like to do this thing called Fantasy Football. Something about choosing who you would pick for your fantasy football team, and then you use stats to see if your team "does well" this year. I don't know. Whatever. So they have this draft, and Brianna and Spence each have their own teams, but only one computer. So she asked me if she could call me tonight and have me sign in as her, and then help her "draft" her players.

It was fun at first, but it got boring after awhile. And I realized that there was this dialogue box, where you can, like, instant message other people who are drafting their fantasy football teams. Spence has three or four other friends in this fantasy football grouping thingey. I've met a couple of them, just briefly, and because I was sooo bored, I started instant messaging these dudes. It was soooooooooooo funny; I was laughing so hard, because I can just see these guys going, "What is Brianna DOING??" while I typed jibberish into the dialogue box.

Below is the transcript I just copied from the instant message dialogue box. Spencer's team is the Buffalo Wings (funny, huh?) and Brianna's team is the White Tigers. At the beginning, they're just messaging back and forth about their picks, blah blah blah. And then you'll see me start to add my two cents. Every time "White Tigers" wrote something, it was me. :)

Buffalo Wings: who's here?
White Tigers: Me.
The Untouchables: I'm here
Sacramento Surge: Me too
Necessary Roughness: no AP for spencer?
Necessary Roughness: dave has to take Jackson
The Untouchables: Surprise!
Necessary Roughness: i've got the #1 pick in the work draft tomorrow. we used the gold medal basketball game to decide the order
Necessary Roughness: booo
Necessary Roughness: bias
Necessary Roughness: insider info
The Untouchables: Taking risks
Necessary Roughness: raider fan taking a bronco...wrong...just wrong
Buffalo Wings: dave?
Necessary Roughness: nice pick dave
Necessary Roughness: i wanted them
The Untouchables: Sorry I took so long
The Untouchables: It was down to San Diego or them
Necessary Roughness: san diego wont be the same with merriman slowed
The Untouchables: True
Necessary Roughness: he was just on top of my queue spencer
White Tigers: I love queues. They are awesome.
White Tigers: I used to queue up to buy kebabs.
White Tigers: Kebabs are yummy.
White Tigers: Do you know how to pronounce kebab? Ka-baaab.
White Tigers: Kind of like "lab" or "stab."
White Tigers: Or "grab."
Necessary Roughness: is that jets or giants spencer?
White Tigers: The Jets was a great eighties band.
White Tigers: So was They Might be Giants.
White Tigers: When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way from your first cigarette 'til your last dying day.
White Tigers: When you're a Jet, let 'em do what they can. You've got brothers around; you're a family man!
White Tigers: The Jets were LDS.
White Tigers: And very smiley.
Necessary Roughness: Buffalo Wings has selected Trent Edwards
White Tigers: You've got it all... over him....
The Untouchables: I see a pattern in Spencer's picks
Necessary Roughness: Buffalo Wings has selected JP Losman...because he likes people name JP
White Tigers: Have you ever sewn using a pattern? It's tough stuff.
White Tigers: I'm a crappy seamstress. How about you, Necessary Roughness? Do you like to sew?
The Untouchables: Yes he does
Necessary Roughness: can't say i do....
White Tigers: Don't try to deny it.
White Tigers: I'll bet you're sewing a really pretty jumpsuit right now.
Necessary Roughness: did you take your meds today?
White Tigers: Yes, lots and lots of them.
White Tigers: Just kidding. This is Brianna's sister. :)
Necessary Roughness: where is bri?
White Tigers: Um, duh. New YORK.
Necessary Roughness: isn't curtis out at least half the season dave?
White Tigers: Yes, Curtis got into a tragic sewing accident.

Oh, I had so much fun messing with these guys. I'm sure I'm the only one who thought it was funny. I'm my own best audience.

6 comments:

Lynita said...

I thought it was funny too! Especially when the other guy asked if you had taken your meds today! LOL! They were probably staring at the screen trying to make sense of it all, so classic! Fantasy Football is so lame, just a personal opinion!

Autumn said...

You crack me up! I literally have tears rolling down my cheeks right now from laughing so hard...maybe I need to take lots and lots of meds too! Hilarious.

Nat said...

Dude, I was laughing so hard! I bet they don't even know half of what you were talking about, throwing in stuff about the Jets from the 80s and the Jets from West Side Story.

Unknown said...

WOOT messing with guys ans sports LOL I too love the meds comment :D

Jenny said...

shoot. i had no idea we could participate in the draft. i always miss it. oops.

pretty funny conversation. i was with you the whole way. :)

Beej said...

Thanks Kar for your help. Sorry it was so boring for you. But I am very glad that you were able to find something entertaining in it all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...