Saturday, August 23, 2008

Country Crock


The other day, I was gathering all the toys that the neighbor kids had left on my front and back lawn, chucking them unceremoniously on their own dang lawn, when I noticed the youngest girl (Dylan's age) on her front porch stoop. I realized that she was spreading Country Crock all over her front railings with a plastic butter knife. I started cracking up. I didn't tell her mom, nor did I exhort her to stop what she was doing. I figure, if her mom pays that little attention to her children, she deserves to have to clean Country Crock off her front porch railings.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

oh my. what a mess. i'm locking up my fridge.

Megann said...

Dustin and I were laughing so hard. You're a good writer. I can totally see the whole picture with your words.

anjie said...

Sounds like you really like your neighbor!

Amy said...

Maybe they won't notice, and they'll leave it until the winter as a sort of ice and snow barrier.

Lynita said...

That totally rocks! I am with you, you reap what you sew! I wish you could've taken a picture of that... so classic! ;)

Nat said...

Gotta love those neighbors!

Anonymous said...

That is SO funny. I hate wiping butter off the counter, I cannot imagine wiping it off the railing.
I think I would have said "don't forget the windows".

Autumn said...

Hilarious! I wouldn't have said anything either.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...