Friday, August 22, 2008

That's Why.


Dylan can't figure out how to use the word "because." If I ask him a question, like, "Why are you crying?" He'll say, "That's why Sadie hit me with her toy plane," instead of "Because Sadie hit me with her toy plane." Or if I say, "Why did you just jump off the couch?" He'll say, "That's why I'm a character from Ben 10 Alien Force," instead of "Because I'm a character from Ben 10 Alien Force."

Today, I asked why he wanted to get home so quickly (we were driving home from a WIC appointment - incidentally, we "make too much money" to be eligible for WIC - we make exactly $100 per month too much. Grrrrr...), and he said, "That's why." So I guess he was trying to say, "Because." No other reason. Just because.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Because is one of the hardest words to say and use. Shelby has been saying Becomes. It has gotten to the point that when I hear becomes it makes my skin crawl.

Nat said...

Jakob never answers the question when I ask "why". "Why did you hit your brother?" gets a blank stare.

I'm sorry you don't qualify for WIC. That bites! Did you check out Medicaid or food stamps at all?

Lynita said...

At least his reasons sound plauseable. Kaitlyn always says things like, "My body made me do naughty things," or "I forgot how to be good." Seriously children crack me up. If it make you feel better, we don't qualify either, we make like $10,000 too much. Apparently in New York you have to be squatters to qualify for government programs other than paying taxes!

cecily said...

Seriously Kar you should be happy that you don't have to live off government welfare (WIC)! I've never gotten a cent from any government programs and I can promise that I pay MORE than my fair share into the programs!!

Welcome to the world of working class America. The harder the work the more you pay in... the less that you do the more the government rewards you. GREAT idea hu... NOT!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...