Saturday, August 23, 2008

Wiping


The other day, Sadie went potty, and when I heard the flush, I called out, "Sadie, did you wipe your bumb?"

"Yes. I wipe my pee-pee, too."

You see, I have a really, really hard time saying the word.... penis. Maybe it's from growing up in a family of girls or something. So when we need to refer to it in our house, we've always called it the "pee-pee." When Dylan wakes up in the morning, he often complains about his pee-pee "pointing up." I always tell him to leave it alone, and it will stop pointing up.

So I realized, when we had this conversation, that we needed to refer to Sadie's... frontal area... as a different thing from a pee-pee. So we started calling it a "front bumb." The term "front bumb goes a long way back - my sisters and I used to call it that. So now, if Sadie needs to talk about that area, which isn't very often, she calls it a Front Bumb. So does Dylan. Will they get made fun of later? Probably.

4 comments:

anjie said...

I'm sorry, but I am laughing! Front bumb? That is funny. I say call it what it is. I tell my kids the real name for things, but also explain that they are private parts blah blah blah.
One day when Aubryn was in the bath tub Brad told me she was touching her penis. I said that she didn't have one. He said, "Well, she's touching whatever it is."

Lynita said...

That is so hysterical! I hope I never have a real front bumb! You know when a person is so heavy that it looks like they have a bum in the front and in the back! Kaitlyn knows the word penis, thanks to my husband, but we call them pee pee or privates. I am afraid to teach her the V word cuz I am certain she will share it with the ward from the pulpit. She loves to bear her testimony, and let me tell you it can get crazy!

Nat said...

With the boys, sometimes I call it "pee-pee", sometimes "penis". The boys usually say "pee-pee", as do I. But girls...not quite sure what to call it. I thought for sure the boys would ask questions about Ivy, but so far they haven't.

Autumn said...

You are funny! But I'm also laughing because my sister Megan just had a baby girl and one of her boys, while she was changing her daiper, said, "Mom! She as a bum bum in the front!" So, it makes a little sense for you to call it a front bum. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...