Monday, August 4, 2008

A Double Blessing

Nat and I had babies just two weeks apart, and we thought it might be a good idea to have a double blessing, so that Beads could come up from Utah just once for both blessings. We blessed both babies at our church, then came back to my backyard for a little luncheon celebration. Here are Pete's brothers, Richard and Mike:

Ivy, smiling at Nat (Nat made Ivy's blessing dress out of her old temple dress! Becky Home-Ec-ey)...

...and at Mom:

Sadie:

Lex, taking a little snooze:

Dylan:

Jake:

Brock:

Troy:

Beads and Moose had changed out of their church clothes, because after this little luncheon, they were going to depart on their long drive to New York. So here is dressed-down Beads:

Beads again, doing her bumb dance:

We decided to do a little photo session, while everyone was together. My original family:

All of us, including in-laws and grandkids:

Then all the mini-families. My mini-family:

Nat's mini-family (her kids HATE getting their pictures taken):

Brianna's mini-family:

And Lex's mini-family. :) She's a good sport:

Just Nat, Pete, and Ivy (with Brock hiding in the background):

Just Nat, me, and our babies:

Me and my cute, cute sisters (We were giggling, because each of us has to do certain things to our faces in photos to become a little more photogenic. Lex, Beads, and I have to suck in that soft part under our chins. Nat has to push her head backwards, because she says her neck looks weird in pictures where she doesn't do that. We all wish we could look as good as Dad does in pictures, effortlessly):

Troy loves Mom:


So Does Beads:

So does Lex:

I want to officially apologize for the abundance of pictures that I put on my blog. I love to scrapbook, but scrapbooking takes lots of time and lots of money, neither of which I have, which is why I'm currently scrapbooking the fall of 2004. Seriously. I'm that far behind! So this is kind of a back-up system, in case I never get a chance to scrap these pictures. I'll probably end up getting my blog printed off into a book (Spencer got their first year of blogging printed into a book as an anniversary gift for Beads, and it's really cute). Then it can double as a scrapbook and as a journal, since I never have time to write in my journal anymore, either. So I'm sorry that I'm putting you through the equivalent of forcing you to look at slides of a trip - I know it can't be that much fun for the reader!

8 comments:

Nat said...

Yay for the baby blessing!

I hear ya on using the blog as kind of a scrapbook/journal. I'm at Jan. 2008 in scrapbooking, and that's when I started blogging. So I'm like, do I still scrapbook, or print out blog stuff, or do a blog book? And if I want to keep them all uniform, do I scan in all my scrapbooks and print them off in book form, too? But then do I get all of mom's pics of me from when I was little? And then do I want to journal some more from when I was little and have kind of a memoirs thing going on? And do I want to redo my old stuff that I did when I was 10 so it isn't so...80s? But then that's a lot of work...Decisions, decisions!

I've been looking at digital scrapbook stuff online a bit; I'll let you know what I find out.

Amy said...

Don't apologize- I love all the pictures. And Nat didn't post very many from the blessing either. I really wish we could have been there. But we are looking into a trip in October when the kids are out of school for a few days. I'll let you know- maybe I can actually meet you again!(Last time?- B & Nat's wedding and I really didn't know you then, maybe a baby blessing??)
Hey- where did Spencer have their blog printed from? I have been seriously looking into doing that very thing myself.

Gifford Family said...

My kids hate family pictures also. I am holding off for a new one until the baby is born and can at least hold its head up a bit! (that may give me time to lose some baby fat!) I love the idea of a double blessing... how fun. I am so sad we could not make the trip up for it. One of these days we will all be able to get together!

Autumn said...

I love how close your family seems to be. And, it always looks like you all have a great time when you get together. It seems that you and your sisters all have a great sense of humor, I love it!

Lynita said...

Well if it makes you feel any better, I haven't even finished our wedding scrapbook! That is terrible, I know, but what do you do with no money for supplies. Maybe in the next year I can at least finish that and finally start on the kids! LOL! By the way I love all of the pix, it makes it fun for me.

Norlund Clan said...

you've been tagged

Anonymous said...

I am at Shawna 9 mos. Yay! I am that far behind. I am hoping to get all the kids done before they graduate HS.
Your family/ies are so cute!

anjie said...

great pictures! I think of my blog as our family journal. I write it for us, and others get to peak at it. I think putting lots of pictures is great. Then if something happens, they are not lost. Your yard is perfect for taking pictures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...