Friday, August 22, 2008

Butthead


A conversation with my kids in the car the other day:

Dylan: Sadie, stop pulling my hair!!
Sadie: I not pulling you hair.
Dylan: Mo-om, Sadie's pulling my hair.
Me: Sadie, stop pulling Dylan's hair.
Sadie: Otay.
(an infinitesimal pause)
Sadie: [to Dylan] You stupid.
Dylan: No I'm not stupid!! You're stupid!
Me: Stop calling each other stupid.
Sadie: [to Dylan] You a butthead.
Dylan: Mo-om, Sadie called me a butthead!!
Sadie: [considering, then slowly grinning] You a butthead, and I a butthead!
Dylan: Mo-om, Sadie just called herself a butthead...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hate days like that. I think once I called all 3 older kids that they were buttheads. They cried, I was pleased thinking that they realized it was not very nice and now they call each other poopy head. (I am thinking all my kids will be in Therapy)

Nat said...

Don't you just LOVE the tattle phase?

Unknown said...

ROFL like calling herself a butthead too makes it better. LOL gotta love kids logic.

anjie said...

Takes one to know one.

Lynita said...

That is AWESOME! My kids are starting into the arguing over everything age. And Kaitlyn wonders why I won't let her sit right next to Ethan in the car... hmmm let me think about that! NO!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...