Monday, August 25, 2008

Kar in the Eighties

One of my old friends started a group on Facebook for our ward growing up. She asked me to add some photos to this group's online album, so I scanned a few. I thought it might be fun to post the pictures here.
Here's my very first t-ball team, the Strawberry Shortcakes:

I'm on the top row, third girl from the left.
This is my class picture from my first year at Longfellow - 3rd grade:

I am on the second-to-top row, fifth person from the left. That dress was the dress I wore to my baptism. I loved it!! Some of my bloggy friends will find themselves in the above picture. :)
The following picture is from the Longfellow Talent show, at the end of my third grade year:

My next-door neighbor, Melissa, who was two years older than me, talked me into singing "The Rose," that cheesy Bette Midler song, with her. I was so nervous that I thought I would pass out. I really, really hate singing in front of people, to this day. I'm the one in the burgandy skirt.
This is my fourth grade "group shot." Some dork had a bright idea to just put everyone's individual pictures in a collage, and call it a "group shot." Duh:

I'm on the third row from the bottom, third person from the left.
And this is Halloween during my fourth grade year. I was Charlie Chaplin, the one on the right:

Dylan just saw this picture and said, "Mom, why did you dwess like a man for Halloween??" Like it's the weirdest idea he has ever heard of. :)

6 comments:

Nat said...

Ah, the 80s. The time of big hair, awful clothes, and good tunes.

I totally think you should put that bathroom shot on facebook. :)

Jenny said...

how fun! i love the longfellow 3rd grade picture. soooo many familiar faces. :) where is everyone now?

anjie said...

oh man! I was such a dork!! Wow. When I look at the 3rd grade picture I think how crazy it is that my oldest just started 3rd grade today!
Also, i just remembered who Emily B. is. Sorry, Emily. You posted on my blog a bit ago and I could not for the life of me remember you!

Lynita said...

That is so awesome. I am afraid to pull out my pix from the 80's cuz I was a super dork too! Then again weren't most people, I mean it was the 80's. I love Dylan's comment. One day about 8 months ago Kaitlyn was laying in my bed and looking at a picture of Jesus on the wall. She turns to me and says, "Mom why does Jesus have girl hair?" I almost peed my pants and had to work hard to compose myself!

Anonymous said...

That skirt I am wearing (in 3rd grade) I made that all by myself for 4-H I hated it! Yay, I am with Angie it is crazy to think that I have one in 3rd grade this year too.

Hee hee no problem Anjie.
Oh and I see so many kids that were in your 4th grade class too, but sadly I am drawing a blank on their names.

Autumn said...

The 80s were not the best years of my life, but good times! Crazy styles: flourescent colors, banana clips, peg legs, leg warmers, oh...I could go on and on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...