Thursday, September 4, 2008

Crazy College Moments

My sister, Lex, is the queen of starting tags. Funny, since she is kind of anti-responding-to-tags, normally. She's an anti-taggite. But her tags are fun, and since I'm always game for tags, here goes.

Her tag is to tell a story of when you were in college and did something crazy and really immature.

Oh, I have several, several, several of these stories. As you all know, I'm a bit hyper. And I like to do really immature things. :)

Instance #1: There was a formal dance at Ricks, and me and my roommates and our guy friends decided to go. But instead of going in formals, we played How to Host a Murder (the 1920's one) and went in our costumes:

A lot of the guys were gangsters, and they brought water guns to the dance, and of course, sprayed random people. A person that wrote for the Ricks college newspaper actually wrote a huge old article on how he got sprayed and how rude and immature we were:


Instance #2: We played Sardines in the Humanities building. There were like 10 of us, all hiding behind a projection screen, giggling.

Instance #3: We got into a major, major water fight inside our apartment. People throwing each other into the shower. Using huge buckets of water. Spraying each other with the kitchen sink sprayer. At the end, our ceilings were dripping, and our carpet was so soggy that it squished when we walked on it. I can't believe we didn't get into trouble. Our apartment was right above the apartment manager's place! She must have been gone that weekend, or something.

Instance #4: For another formal dance, we all dressed in 1970's clothes. We made a disco line and discoed when there were slow songs on. People were shooting us nasty looks.


Instance #5: At the end of the school year, Nitz had all these corn tortillas she needed to get rid of. Instead of throwing them away, we threw them like frisbees off the balcony. Corn tortillas make great frisbees:

Instance #6: Sledding with garbage bags on our butts. Those mothers are SLICK:


Okay. As you can see, I could go on and on. Ricks college was soooo much fun. BYU... not so much.

I hereby tag Nitz and Nat. Nitz, I want to know if there are other crazy things we did that I can't remember. And Nat partied in college like it was 1999. (A little Prince reference for ya there.) So Nat will have tons of stories.

3 comments:

Nat said...

Dude, I WAS partying in college in 1999!! :) College rocks. End of story.

Lynita said...

Hmmm... I have one story for ya! I will post later though cuz my kids are in need of some attention and I am in need of a break, not that I will get it!

Gifford Family said...

I guess I am a little old... I was not partying in 1999 it was more like 1993-1997 for me :) But I still loved the crazy college years!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...