Monday, September 15, 2008

Sadie's Birthday


Oops! Totally forgot to post about this! I was convinced that I already had, but nope. Sadie turned 3 on August 31. Such a cutie. She adores our Garfield movies (the ones that mix a digital Garfield with "real" people and dogs), so I wanted to make her a Garfield cake, but I couldn't find any Garfield cake tins, except ones on eBay for a million dollars from the 80's. I called all the local bakeries, to no avail. And then I tried Baskin Robbins, just as a last-ditch effort, and whaddaya know?? They had a Garfield kit. This picture is funny to me - it looks like she's eating Garfield's head:


Wow. I'm having a heck of a time moving my uploaded pictures around today. Not sure why. So I'm just going to type about the rest and attach a slideshow. Annoying...

My sister, Nat, and her family were there, and obviously Dylan was there, so there were a lot of manic kids who were very anxious for Sadie to open her toys, quickly, and she was soooo funny. She kept saying, soothingly, "Otay, otay..."

I was proud of my gifts for her - the movie, 101 Dalmations, and the coolest little nightlight - a moon that hangs on the wall, and it phases from a sliver clear to a full moon, changing every minute or so. Sadie is obsessed with the moon, and she just loves this gift so much. It also has a remote control, so you can change the phases if you want by hand.

The kids lost the movie less than a week later. I can't find it anywhere. Sigh.

Slideshow:

4 comments:

Nat said...

Dude, I totally forgot my camera that night when we came over! I suck!

Troy was standing here going "There's Sadie! Sadie's birthday! There's Kar!" So funny.

Sadie's a little doll.

I can't believe your movie is gone! Did you look under the TV and the furniture and stuff? That's so sad!

Mindy H. said...

Sadie is so dang cute! I'm glad she had a great birthday. You are such a good mom to leave no stone unturned while searching for the perfect birthday cake topper. You also have great taste in gifts. That night sounds so cool!

Lynita said...

It is amazing how fast they grow! I have a pic of Dylan and Kaitlyn when you came to visit us in Provo like 4 years ago, so cute! I am sorry that you lost the movie already, sounds like my kids or my hubby! I love the Garfield cake too, Sadie does look like she is biting his head. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Sadie is so cute! I hope the movie turns up soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...