Wednesday, September 3, 2008

When it Rains, it Pours.

A month ago, our fridge broke. Luckily, Lowe's has this program with Idaho Falls Power, where, if you buy an energy-efficient appliance, Idaho Falls Power will finance it and put the payments (spanning 36 months) onto your power bill. So we got ourselves a new fridge. It's gorgeous:

I'm pretty sure I have a cavity, and it hurts. But I can't afford to get it looked at. We don't have dental.

Our microwave died yesterday. We can't afford a new one (it hangs over our stove, and those are more expensive), but Grandpa brought over his old countertop microwave for us to use temporarily.

I noticed that our breaks weren't quite... right. I had to push on them with all my might for the car to stop. So today, I was on my way to Les Schwab to get their free brake inspection, and MY BREAKS WENT OUT ON ME WHEN I WAS TRYING TO STOP AT A BUSY INTERSECTION. I stomped and stomped on them, and I stomped on the emergency brake, but it was too late. I totally t-boned this guy in a teeny two-door Saturn. I'm pretty sure I totaled his car - I was in our newly-acquired Ford (it was Ben's grandpa's car). Dylan was in the car with me, and luckily, neither of us was hurt; nor was the guy.

Our deductible is $1000. So we have to pay the first $1000. And we'll get that money from.... our buttholes, maybe? Maybe it will fall from the sky??

Sorry. I'm so bitter right now. Just tired of crap happening to us. I know that crap happens all the time to everyone; sometimes I forget that.

Maybe I should go back to work. Then at least we'd have decent health coverage, and then, if we had suspicions that our brakes were faulty, we could, I don't know... FIX THEM BEFORE WE PLOW INTO PEOPLE AT BUSY INTERSECTIONS??? Or, say, our microwave breaks. Then we could actually, I don't know... go get a new one. I hated working when Dylan was a baby, but I'm tired of not being able to afford groceries, of eating Ramen noodles all the time. Of not being able to fix vehicles or replace appliances. Sigh.

Thanks for letting me belly-ache. I know I don't have it half as bad as most people in the world, and I need to get over myself. And pray. And figure out what to do with my situation in life.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry things suck for you right now. Hopefully soon things can pick up. I hate money problems. (I am almost tempted to play the BIG power ball)

Gifford Family said...

I am sorry. I agree... when it rains it pours! Our fridge went out in June (well blew up and caught on fire is a better word for it!) The darn thing was only 5 years old and I guess catching on fire isn't covered in the warranty! Who knew.

J + A Humphreys said...

Ah man! That totally sucks, I'm sorry. It's funny how things usually happen that way. Why?? Seriously. I am sure you will be blessed beyond measure sometime soon! So glad you weren't hurt in the accident. In the meantime, good luck on your 5K! They become addicting, so watch out. :)

Layton Mom said...

That sucks! You can always cry on my shoulder. You will make the right decision for you and your famiy. Things will all work out in the end, right? At least that is what I think I am supposed to tell you. We still haven't had our microwave fixed and it died 2 years ago.

Carrie said...

Hang in there! At some point things have got to turn around! So sorry!

Nat said...

Dude. Crap happens, and it seems to come like diarrhea, huh? Don't worry; "rice" is around the corner. (Just trying to make you smile; did it work?)

You'll figure things out. Just pray a lot and know that this too shall pass.

Unknown said...

Oh Honey... yes it does seam to pour when it rains doesn't it?

The only thing I have any suggestion on is maybe the dental. Doctor Harris is WAAAAAY cool about working with people on payments etc and not having late fees... especially if you let him know up front that things are really tight. I have had to call a couple of times to tell them I didn't have the money right then and ask if I could pay next month... they are so cool about it. Talk to Doctor Jay... he knows you and is so willing to try to help out whenever he can. Seriously, good guy. And wouldn't things look a bit brighter without being in pain? I know it wouldn't fix everything else...but at least you wouldn't have that darned constant pain all the time.

lish said...

Wow, Kar. I'm just getting caught up, and it sounds rough in your neck of the woods.

I'm sorry things are so craptacular for you right now. Hang in there - things will get better. I know that from experience.

You are bright, resourceful, and I'm so impressed with how you're keeping it together.

Soozee Carmichael said...

I can totally relate!! I just started school last week (A fabulous $1400) and then had to get books for said classes (another $200) and then I went to the dentist and now have to get 3 fillings and 3 crowns! Yeah, and my car is making funny noises. Oh, and I still have to get a parking pass for school before I get a ticket.....I hate money. Its evil and I wish everything was free! I feel your pain, all the way! Keep your chin up, obviously the Lord has something GREAT in mind for you!!

Lynita said...

Okay so you have every right to complain that is a lot to deal with on top of worrying about Micah. I am so sorry, I think your "stuff" hitting the fan is worse than ours right now. I am glad that neither you or Dylan were injured in the accident, that would have been some serious icing on a crappy cake! I hope that the blessings start rolling in, after all I think your faith and patience have been tried for long enough now! Love ya, hang in there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...