Thursday, September 11, 2008

How do they DO that??



Okay, I wanted to download a picture of a model doing a runway walk at a fashion show, and this was one of the images the search engine brought up, and I thought it was so funny. A paper doll of a model doing the runway walk.

So I never knew there was anything different about runway walking until I started watching America's Next Top Model - soooo addicting. So addicting. And I learned from Miss J (boy, is he weird) that runway walking is a very precise science. Dude, those girls have really, really long strides! I guess it helps "show off the clothes the best." So whatever. Once I tried it, and I couldn't do it without falling over! I can't imagine trying to do it in heels!!

Yesterday, during my jog, I noticed my hip was cramping up a bit, and when I finished my 30 minutes, I decided to walk for a couple of minutes to help loosen it up before getting off the treadmill and stretching. And it occurred to me that this runway walk might be just the thing for my hip cramp. What do you know - it works! It felt really, really good to walk like a model, hips jutting forward, taking five-foot strides... Maybe I can do my runway walk when I finish my 5K on Saturday. :) Just kidding. I won't be doing that walk in front of anyone but myself.

3 comments:

Lynita said...

Hee hee! I can just picture you all sweaty with tennis shoes and workout clothes, struttin your stuff! I double dog dare you to cross the finish line like that! ;D

anjie said...

I love America's Next Top Model. Mostly because it's not all about looks, it's getting a certain image across. There is more to modeling then I thought. Some of the girls are good at one thing and not another. Is it still on? It seems forever since I watched it.

Nat said...

You should do your whole 5K as a model walk! I would go watch you if you did that!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...