Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ten Year Class Reunions

Alright, I promised you some fun stories about 10-year class reunions. Nothing really extraordinary happened at my reunion - I noted that the people who used to be skinny in high school, got fat, and the people who were fat in high school, got skinny. And there was the usual avoid-people-who-hurt-your-feelings-ten-years-ago thing. I suddenly had total stage fright, which was weird. Just the run-of-the-mill reunion, I guess.

But Ben's reunion - funny, funny, funny!!! This was, like, four years ago now, but it's still fresh in my mind...

Ben had a girlfriend in high school named Corey - his first love. She was, like, two years younger than him, I think. Anyways, things with the two of them obviously didn't work out, and he hadn't heard from or seen her for like 9 1/2 years. So we go up to Chelan, Washington, for Ben's class reunion, and lo and behold, whom should crash Ben's reunion (because remember, she is two years younger than Ben), but good ole' Corey. Not only did she crash the reunion, but she spent the whole time trying to seduce my husband!! It was sooooooo funny.

We were all at the picnic part, and Corey's all, "Ben, did you put on sunscreen? You know how badly you burn..." It was a very wifey thing to say, you know? Or a mommy thing to say. Not a thing to say when you have been estranged from someone for nine-and-a-half years..

And then she was talking about how she's on some co-ed softball team, and she slid into home base with her shorts on and got road rash all up her thigh. And then she pulls up her already Daisy Dukes to expose her naked thigh/butt area and goes, "Look, Ben, can you see this??? It hurts soooo badly..."

When I told my sister, Brianna, this story, she gasped and said, "Oh my gosh, I would have totally punched her!!" But I didn't feel in the least bit threatened. I just chuckled to myself quietly a lot. It's sad that she felt compelled to go to a reunion that wasn't even hers, and it was sad that she was trying to seduce a man who was so happily married. Sad and funny.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would have laughed at her to her face :) what nerve! but isn't it great that you are confident enough in your marriage and your love for one another not to be threatened by her? Props to you... and I pity that girl!

Anonymous said...

I too would have started to laugh too. When Shawn and I were dating there was a girl named Marge who always followed us. It was funny (she too was like 3 years younger...time for the young ones to get a real adult life).

Nat said...

I got eyed down at Pete's mission reunion. I'm like, yep, I'm the lucky girl that married him!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...