Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fire Dancing

This is my gorgeous best friend, Pooh:




Her little brother, Davey, had his ten-year high school reunion (oh the stories that brings to mind, just in my own life. I'll have to share those on a later post) here in I.F., and he asked Pooh to ride up from Salt Lake with him. I'm so, so glad she did! I don't see her nearly enough; I don't ever have enough money for gas to go visit her. I feel like a crappy friend. She may be moving to Pocatello soon - keep your fingers crossed for me!



Anywho, Pooh's mom, Bethie (my second mom) and Pooh's two boys rode up, as well, and they all stayed at Bethie's good friends' house. I could have accomodated them, if they wanted to sleep under my table on my hardwood floor in our dining room! Or maybe on the concrete in the basement, amongst all the sawdust. Or in the living room, where Ben and I sleep. They could have listened to the symphony of Ben snoring and my sleep-talking. And Dylan's sleep-talking from the other room. And Sadie's sleep-yelling. We're a noisy bunch. And it's a teeny house. If anyone is willing to drop some major hints to Ben about finishing our basement, I will give them a free backrub. Seriously. My nagging ain't doing a thing to motivate the man...



So Pooh asked me to come over to her mom's friends' house and join them for barbecue pork. Um, H to the yeah!! I never say no to free food, nor to barbecue pork, for that matter!! Here is Davey, and his friend Danny, before they left for the reunion. They are showing the tattoos they got in honor of Jimmy, the guy I posted about below. Davey's says "Slim" in front of some mountains. Jimmy loved the mountains and was an avid snowboarder. And his nickname was Slim. Danny's says, "Rest in Peace, Jimmy Bruce - 1979 - 2008":




Ouch - I'll bet Davey's tattoo hurt so bad. That part of the arm is soooo sensitive!! I asked Davey if it hurt getting it done, and he said he didn't remember - he was a little drunk that night. :)



Here are Pooh's two gorgeous boys, playing very nicely with Sadie. The shorter one on the left is Judge - he's... almost four, I think? Yeah. And the one on the right is Bishop, who is seven.



Judge doesn't remember me that much, but Bishie does, because I saw him at least once a week for the first four years of his life in Salt Lake. We had such good times. It was so great living in the same city as Pooh and her family. Bishie still calls me Aunt Kar. He's such a babe:




Here is Danny's wife, Rory. When she told me her name, I got a huge smile and said, "Like Rory on Gilmore Girls!!! Yeeee!" I'm a big Gilmore Girls fan. Rory hasn't seen it. I assured her that the character of Rory is a great person. Here is Danny's Rory:




So it turns out that Rory is a fire dancer!! Like what the Polynesians do. And she had brought her stuff and offered to give us a live performance! How cool is that???

She had to wear her hair in a hat, to keep it from catching on fire. She does this thing where one of her kids will stand in front of her, and she'll do the fire thing all around them. Here she is with her son (dang it, I can't remember his name):

Then Bishie said he wanted to do it. Here he is, and from the look on his face, I think he's wondering if this was such a good idea:

And then Judgie wanted to do it:

My kids would have rather died than do that. :) Wusses. Look how pretty Idaho Falls is:

I think all of my friends should move here. :)

Here's a slideshow:

5 comments:

Nat said...

Dude, I stared and stared at that pic of Danny. It doesn't look a thing like how I remember him! Crazy what 10 years can do to a person's features! The fire dancing thing looks way cool.

Norlund Clan said...

That fire dancing is cool. I know Aurora would never have done it. Your kids are not wusses they are smart. ;)

Amy said...

Huge props to all those kids standing in the fire. I don't know if I could do that. What a fun evening- and I'm glad you go to see your friend!!

Lynita said...

Fire dancing is so cool, man why didn't I take that up?! But Kar, IF is not very pretty. It is cool because you live there. Love ya!

anjie said...

I'm pretty sure Pooh is not her real name. Curious to know where that came from. From Pooh Bear?

Hawaiian dancing and now fire dancing! That is cool. Wow, what will you post next?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...