Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Where Were You?

20 Years Ago…
1. In 1988 I was a big, big geek in sixth grade. I had glasses and braces and I was five-foot seven, but like 90 pounds. A total beanpole.
2. Mr. A was my teacher. (Say it with me now... Big A, Little r, little n, little o... You won't get that if you didn't have him.)
3. I wanted to be a professional ballerina.
10 Years Ago…
1. In 1998 I had just finished my second and last year of EFY. So flippin' fun. But exhausting. I was tired of being tired; that's why I stopped being a counselor.
2. I was majoring in English Teaching at BYU.
3. I had to get braces again, and I was having this enormous acne problem. I felt like I was 13 again. It was awful. And my three roommates were all freshman. And I was 21. It was a neat school year for me.
5 years ago…
1. In 2003 I had Dylan!!
2. I had two dogs, Gromit and Doc. Gromit died around this time five years ago. He had thyroid disease. He was the best dog in the entire universe. I loved that guy.
3. I was just beginning my fourth and final year of teaching. Working full-time and putting Dylan in day-care - torture. Pure torture.
3 years ago…
1. In 2005 I had Sadie!
2. We moved to San Diego for Ben to finish his master's degree.
3. I fell in love with our ward. It was truly, truly like a family away from home. I joined book club and I remember quite vividly that, exactly in the fall of 2005, I was trying to read The Great Influenza. Boooorrrriiiinnnnngggg...
1 year ago…
1. I had just had a miscarriage and was mourning.
2. We bought our first-ever house, which I really am in love with, despite its Money Pittishness.
3. I was stressing out about how we were going to afford Halloween costumes.
This year so far…
1. I had our third child, Micah, in May.
2. Dylan started kindergarten, and Sadie started preschool.
3. I've been working part-time for my dad in the evenings, which I actually really love.
Yesterday...
1. I was extremely stressed out, driving all over the place. Going from two cars to one - not fun.
2. I had an IHSP meeting for Micah to receive Occupational Therapy and Developmental Therapy through the Infant/Toddler program.
3. Dylan yelled at my good friend. :( He was with she and her kids at the park, and I told her that, when she left, to tell Dylan to go home. (The park is like two houses away from us, but I won't let him hang out there without an adult.) So, when she was leaving, she reminded him he needed to go home, and apparently, he didn't like being told what to do. Being his mom is so embarrassing sometimes.
Today…
1. My tooth hurts.
2. I jogged for thirty minutes without stopping! Big accomplishment, people. Big accomplishment.
3. Micah's occupational therapist stood us up!!
Tomorrow...
1. Mom's watching the kids in the afternoon so I can get some hours in at work. She is a saint.
2. I'm going to run .1 mile per hour faster than I did today for 30 minutes. Baby steps.
3. I'd love to finish writing thank-you notes from clear back when Micah was born. (Picture me grinning sheepishly.)
Next Year…
1. Wow. Micah will turn one. Crazy. And sad. I want him to stay at this cute little 3 1/2 month stage forever.
2. I hope I have kept the weight off.
3. Ben will probably get a teeny weeny weeny raise. Maybe. I hope.
I tag…
1. Anyone who wants to.
2.
3.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know what you were doing while I had moved away.

ps.i did it too.

Nat said...

YAY! Thanks for doing the tag. I thought this one was cool. It's fun to get a glimpse into the past, and to think of what we'll be doing in the future. I can't believe you were that tall in 6th grade!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...